Translate

Solved: Zenfone 2 cannot get past initial setup screen/wizard





I recently purchased the ASUS Zenfone 2 but experience some issues right after powering on the device. After turning it on, it took me to the initial device setup/wizard. Everything looked normal until I tapped the touchscreen. The display was acting weird, the response became very slow and the setup wizard had an annoying voice command prompts for every action made. I assumed it was a display hardware issue. I couldn’t even get past the first pick a language screen easily. I had to double tap to select “next” or any option and the display wasn’t swiping like it would normally do. When I tapped an option it would be highlighted in a green dotted box. After a thorough search on the web I’ve found out that this problem is a minor one and is caused because “TalkBack” option was enabled on my Zenfone 2.To solve this annoying problem, all you have to do is disable talkback but for that you’ll have to know how to get to the settings. Here are the steps to fix the problem of ASUS Zenfone 2 cannot get past initial setup screen :

Fixed: ASUS Zenfone 2 Touchscreen  problem during initial setup 

  1. Tap once on an option to select it and double tap to open
  2. Repeat the above steps until you get past the initial setup screen (just select next or skip everything)
  3. For swiping the screen you will have to use two fingers instead of one
  4. Get to Settings >> Accessibility >> TalkBack >> turn it off

Zenfone 2 TalkBack settings

There you go now your Zenfone 2 will work as normal and you can complete your device setup as usual.


SHARE

Shawn

I fix errors or at least try to...

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment