Translate

How to fix storage space running out error on cyanogenmod devices


Cyanogenmod error "How to fix storage space running out"
Low internal storage space 

The storage space running out error was haunting me for quite a while. I have a habit of trying out all kinds of apps on my Android so I expected the internal storage of my device to run low sometime in the future. However this low internal storage error popped up on my notifications tab all of a sudden after a week of updating my Cyanogenmod 4.2 nightly to a stable version. This is the exact error message -
Storage space running out. Some system functions may not work.



My internal storage of 2GB was reduced to about 60MB. I tried uninstalling apps, moving all the apps to SD and even deleting the cache (including dalvik cache from recovery). I also tried the popular CleanMaster app but it didn't free up much space because I hardly had any junk files.These solutions only temporarily freed up some storage but soon it would fill up again and I would no longer be able to download new apps, games or even update the existing apps. Any installation it would return an insufficient storage error. However after some research I have found two possible solutions for this cyanogenmod related low storage error:

How To Fix Storage Space Running Out Error

  • Use a file manager like root explorer to get to your root directory or main directory 
  • Go to your internal storage  and go to this location: data/log 
  • In the log folder your will find a lot of system dump files >> Select All and Delete
  • Check your internal memory it should now have lots of free space. I freed 1GB!!

Another possible solution should work on Samsung devices unrooted. For example the method below solved the space running low issue for Samsung galaxy S2 (I9100):

Method 2: Using dialer code
  • Dial *#9900#
  • Now you will get a set of options
  • Select "Delete dumpstate/logcat"
Also Read: How to fix insufficient storage space available Google Play Store error
Those are the two most common solutions or fix for the storage space running out error. Hope one of it worked for you. Now go ahead and update your apps. 



SHARE

Shawn

I fix errors or at least try to...

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment